Saturday, November 17, 2007

childhood obsession

Princess Sara is back.

Probably, I was in grade 2 then when i first saw the cartoon version of this story which was translated in Filipino. I like to watch it everyday but sometimes it is very hard for me to do so...not bcoz we don't have TV in our house in Mindoro. It's bcoz of the rules in using the TV..hahaha "It should only be use during night...to watch news..." So there's no way i could watch it there. What i used to do then is to go down to my Aunt's house (her house is on the first floor, ours on the 2nd floor...) But if my lola is there i never tried to go down. She was very strict and disciplinarian (no wonder where my dad got that "not-to-do-this-not-to-do-that" personality). So what i always do is to peek in our floor (yes, i know that no matter how hard i peek in i wont see anything...) but at least i can hear their voices.

I became obsessed. When i was already in Saint Mary's (Pasay), I used to research about this story...I found out that it was actually a novel written by Frances Eliza Hodgson (same author who wrote "The Secret Garden", which is also one of my favorite). Its original title was Little Princess...and this and that...hahha ( ofcors i know u knew that already...hahaha)...
I also borrowed one book of that in our library and read it as if i didnt have any idea about it...i enjoyed reading it over and over again. I also watched the japanese version of that film..hahha...even when Camille Prats played the role of Sara...(that time i still liked her...hahha).

Now, ABS CBN come up with the same project and Sharlene San Pedro was chosen as the "new" Sara Crewe. When i searched for reviews about this...found out that many didnt want her for the role...Some even commented that it will be better if it will be played by someone with a mestiza looks just like the younger sister of Angelica dela Cruz...

For me no matter who will take the role of sara, i will still definitely watch it... If in case in the near future there would be an arabic version of this story...just let me know...haha

No comments: